This is one of my all-time favorite raw food recipes. It’s super easy to make and is packed full of nutrition. This snacks are great for road trips, climbing trips, or even fueling a long run (although hard to eat while running). All that is required to make this recipe is a food processor and dehydrator. Alternatively you can refrigerate or freeze the finished product. It’s not the same as drying it, but if it’s your only option, it’s better than nothing.
12 Pitted Dates
1/4 cup Agave Nectar
1/2 cup of Water
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 cup Walnuts
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup Ground Flax Seed
2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon (I prefer pumpkin spice)
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
2 cups of Buckwheat Grouts
Add 1/4 cup Sprouted Wheat Berries (optional)
- Place pitted dates, agave nectar and water in a food processor and blend until a paste is formed, scraping the walls as needed.
- Then add the sunflower seeds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds to the mix and process again until seeds and nuts are mixed well throughout the paste.
- Next add the ground flax seeds, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and a few dashes of sea salt to the mixture and process again.
- Once thoroughly processed, dump the mixture into a large mixing bowl, adding the buckwheat grouts and wheat berries. Now, with a spatula or wooden spoon mix thoroughly.
- After this is done, place the mixture into clumps on a teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 100 degrees for about 12 hours. Makes about two sheets.